Sr. Cost Accountant
Provide required analysis and reporting support in order to meet the financial needs of the plants and the company.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Financial Accounting & Reporting
• Analyze transactions, make necessary journal entries and prepare reconciliations to assure proper financial reporting.
• Develop processes, procedures and required training needed to eliminate non-value add work and ensure accurate reporting.
• Correct ERP errors and work with end users to fix problems and identify training needed to eliminate the errors.
• Assists General Manager with financial analysis.
2. Plant and Corporate Accounting Support
• Provide support to Controller for month-end close.
• Provide support to Controller on special projects.
• Coordinate A/R, A/P and Payroll with corporate accounting.
3. Evaluate and Optimize Use of ERP System
• Serve as liaison between accounting and I.S. Department on accounting projects. Be the focal point for trouble shooting, testing and implementing changes.
• Identify ways to improve effective use of the ERP system in accounting.
4. Cost Accounting
• Insure proper inventory valuation.
• Provide costing and pricing support to General Manager, Project Managers and Engineering.
• Develop and maintain standard cost system.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of four years of relevant experience, or a two-year post high school diploma/certificate and a minimum of eight years or relevant experience
• Strong detail orientation
• Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment, particularly with Excel
The most qualified candidate will also possess the following:
• Prior ERP experience, preferably M-1.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
Salary range: 55-75k
Full benefit package
no calls please
Medical Insurance: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Minnesota Dental Insurance: Delta Insurance of Minnesota Life Insurance Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Profit Sharing Retirement Savings / 401K Program Vacation & Paid Holidays Educational Assistance
If you have previously submitted your resume input your login and password and click apply.
if you are applying for the first time.